6 Pro Staging Tips to Help Sell Your Home
Spring is here in Cleveland!
If you’re ready to sell, now is the perfect opportunity to clear the clutter and get your house ready for staging. Try these 6 staging tips for picture-perfect listing photos and open houses.
1. Curb Appeal Matters. Rent a power washer to clean up your home’s siding, roof, gutters, and even driveway of winter grime. Fill flowerbeds with fresh mulch and greenery, and give that mailbox a fresh coat of paint!
2. Remove the Clutter - That Means Furniture, Too! While you don’t want to empty your home to the point that it looks bare, less is more when it comes to staging. Removing those overstuffed armchairs or clunky mismatched dressers will go a long way in creating a more inviting, spacious look. Aim for streamlined pieces arranged in an easy-to-navigate layout.
3. Add An Intentional Office Space. With so many people working from home now, help potential buyers to envision themselves in your space. Whether you tidy up your dedicated home office or create a makeshift desk in a sunny nook, it will help show off the range and functionality of your house.
4. Keep It Neutral. When buyers walk into your home, they should see a beautiful blank slate that they can personalize. Swap out the family photos for more generic artwork, and opt for sophisticated neutral tones with an occasional pop of color in decorative accents - throw pillows and plants are great for this.
5. Make the Surfaces Shine. Nothing is a turn-off quite like a dirty bathroom or smelly kitchen. Commit to an elbow-grease level cleaning of all countertops, appliances, cabinets, mirrors, and storage spaces. Don’t forget to vacuum up any pet hair!
6. Create a BBQ-Worthy Backyard. If you have an outdoor space, try to match it to the lifestyle of the community. With the weather warming up, consider hanging a hammock or adding some charming patio furniture and accessories.